The firm acts for global and domestic banks, NBFCs (Non-Banking Financial Companies), institutional lenders, multilateral developmental and export credit institutions, and asset managers in understanding, observing, advising and acting upon the directives of regulators like Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and SEBI. The team acts for borrowers as well as lenders in following areas:
- Structuring and registering of funds with SEBI as well as advising on offshore investments in India.
- Securitization of assets, International Swaps and Derivatives Agreements (ISDA), due diligence of project documents and title search of the immovable properties offered as security and capital markets related dealings for banks.
The firm provides professional expertise in transactions and advisory support for the most lucrative and safe harvesting opportunities in India. The team undertakes following activities:
- Legal due diligence and drafting of offer documents for the international offerings in compliance with the regulations of overseas stock exchanges.
- Preparing the roadmap of the issue, IPO (Initial Public Offerings), FPO (Follow-on Pubic Issues), QIPs (Qualified Institutional Placements), OFS (Offer for Sale) with listing on Indian bourses such as NSE, BSE, MCX, and overseas stock exchanges.
- Advise for takeover of listed companies, buyback of shares, delisting, domestic debt/bonds issues like non-convertible debentures (NCDs), legal diligence, offering circulars to listing of the securities on the overseas stock exchanges including GDRs, FCCBs and QIPs.
- Advising issuer companies, merchant bankers and underwriters in various offerings.
- Dealing with the queries raised by regulators such as filing appeals, consent applications, preparing replies, making representations, briefing counsels for appearance before Securities Appellate Tribunal (SAT) and liaise with nomads on investigations and proceedings initiated by SEBI & SAT for violation of securities market regulations and non-compliances.
Defence & Aviation
Compliance with strict liability laws and regulations is the central element of the defence sector. Singhania & Partners are specialised in FDI, transaction advisory including bid process management and concession agreements besides regular corporate and commercial matters. With the experience in IT & Telecom, firm is also equipped to take care of the issues pertaining to defence specific software and communication systems. The firm has Indian and Foreign government undertakings and multinationals amongst its clients.
- FDI In Aviation And Defence In India
- Make In India – An Overview Of Defence Manufacturing In India
- Defence Manufacturing In India In Present Policy Framework
Food, Drugs & Life Sciences
Covering every aspect of the food regulation framework, Singhania & Partners are provide clients legal and strategic solutions to achieve their business objectives including product approvals, branding ⁄ labeling ⁄ packaging ⁄ franchising ⁄ licensing besides contractual arrangements, legal research on legislative requirements of permissible ingredients, regulatory approvals for import and export, contracts, and compliances as required by law.
Our life sciences and healthcare team advises medical devices and biotechnology companies. We provide advice on the full range of legal issues that arise in the sector, from regulatory and compliance strategy through to patent litigation and corporate transactions.
The sector faces a raft of legal and commercial hurdles and scrutiny by local regulatory authorities worldwide that affect the ability of companies to do business in the industry. Our experienced lawyers with engineering and technology backgrounds effectively guide the renowned life sciences and healthcare corporations in navigating this difficult landscape.
We regularly receive instructions from both domestic and cross-border clients of Europe, UK, United States, Canada, Asia, and Australia.
We provide support at all stages of the product lifecycle from innovation to funding, product development, exploitation, surveillance and enforcement.
- DCGI Cracks The Whip To Prohibit 344 Drugs Constituting Fixed Dose Combinations, Delhi High Court Stays Notifications Vis-À-Vis Pfizer’s Corex
- Supreme Court Strikes Down Product Approval By Fssai
Singhania & Partners has a well-established infrastructure practice. It handholds clients from project’s initiation until its completion and throughout the years of planning, structuring innovative financings, bid transaction advisory, preparing contract documentation, handling negotiations and dispute resolution. The firm advises government authorities and regulatory bodies, multinational corporations and multilateral institutions in infrastructure projects and has developed expertise in infrastructure project finance and concession agreements. The firm has also advised on procedures and obtaining approvals from government authorities especially in following sectors:
- Railways Roads & Highways
The firm understands the complexities involved in the ports sector. It assists clients in dealing with legalities as it is witnessing transition from Government ownership / control to increasing participation of private players for infrastructure development in these sectors.
It also supports clients in dealing with the opportunities and challenges in mining sector which include procuring licenses, opinion on the transferability of reconnaissance permits, mining lease, reviewing and drafting mine construction / operations and shareholders agreements, employment and labor laws and incorporating improved safety standards.
Roads, Highways and Railways constitute an integral part of the transport infrastructure. Projects especially in PPP mode have to deal with number of disputes and legal challenges. We can assist in addressing these issues to facilitate association with transport infrastructure authorities under Government control. We are equipped to evaluate various models of development in PPP projects like Build-and-Transfer (BT), Build-Lease-and-Transfer (BLT), Build Operate and Transfer (BOT), Build-Own-Operate-and-Transfer (BOOT), Build-Own-Operate-Share-Transfer (BOOST) etc. The firm has successfully defended as well as opposed government authorities in various PPP disputes as well.
It also provides solutions to legal problems faced by clients in Airport industry by meeting high level of expectations and challenges due to involvement of multiple bodies including local, regional, international or national government authorities.
Power, Oil and Gas
Singhania & Partners specializes in highly regulated energy sector. With understanding of the specific challenges, opportunities and critical success factors for the growth of this industry, the firm keeps clients abreast with potential enforcement actions and compliance requirements. Clients include both private and public sector players including state owned utilities, development agencies, EPC contractors, micro and mega- thermal, solar, wind, oil & gas and hydro power project developers.
It has rendered legal advice on different models of public private partnership, project finance issues, environment compliances, transaction advisory (due diligence, bid process management including diligence of bidders credential, bid organization, preparing bid evaluation reports), administering price mechanism, drafting of power purchase/ concession/ shareholders/ fuel supply/ vessel charter agreements, licensing, anti-trust and competition, performance standards & tariffs. The firm has also represented clients before Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board (PNGRB).
The firm has advised major Oil and Gas companies on upstream (exploration and production including production sharing contracts, Joint Operating Agreements) and downstream (trading, transportation, and refining) projects. Our clients includes renewable technologies producers, including wind, solar, and biofuels besides electricity and heat generators, oil and gas producers, energy suppliers, grid and storage operators as well as energy service providers.
Singhania & Partners has lawyers with experience in the areas of real estate law, construction law, commercial and corporate law, labour and employment law, environment law, tourism law, and laws pertaining to the hospitality sector. They can help you in establishment of tour and travel agencies, fulfilling regulatory compliances and licensing requirements, franchising agreements, and all other matters and disputes related to the tourism and hospitality sectors.
- New Steps In Real Estate Sector To Help Developers And Consumers
- Supreme Court Strikes Down Product Approval By Fssai
- The Real Estate (Regulation And Development) Act, 2016 – An Overview
- Service Tax Exemption For Buyers Of Under Construction Properties
Coming Soon, Under Updation
The education sector of India is characterized by multiplicity of state and central laws, accreditors and regulators. The firm provides legal services to public and private educational institutions at all levels of the education system to help them navigate in the regulatory space of Indian education system. The firm assists clients on legal issues which help them meet the requirements and benefit from the emerging opportunities in the changing domestic education realm.
Services (IT, ITes, Hospitality, Tourism)
Singhania & Partners deals with transactions and issues in the Information Technology sector. The firm has also developed an expertise and niche in the Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) area. We provide clients legal solutions to cope with upcoming competitive challenges in the IT industry. We advise on cyber security, data protection law, regulatory and IPR issues, reviewing and drafting lead consultancy/ outsourcing/ service agreements, lease deeds, structuring of investments, and transfer pricing instruments.
- Are IT Employees “Workmen” Under ID Act ?