Arbitration & Litigation
We advise domestic and foreign companies from the starting up, registration, going public, to raising capital, selling, merging, acquiring and combining businesses, to looking at the overall framework of operations, compliances and advising the board of directors on special transactions.We have significant experience in advising senior management of companies of all sizes on corporate governance procedures, conduct of AGMs, investor protection committee guidelines, disclosure and transparency rules.
- Foreign investments via approval and automatic routes
- External commercial borrowings and conversion of debt into equity.
- Foreign exchange remittances/repatriations of funds.
- Advice to foreign clients on private placement of shares and debt instruments.
- Compounding of defaults.
- Establishment of branch office/ Project Office/ Liaison Office by foreign companies in India.
- Collaboration and redevelopment agreements.
- Drafting lease deeds, leave and license agreements.
- Conveyance, re-conveyance, mortgage and other modes of creating security.
- Guiding clients through the regulations governing the acquisition and sale of property in various states and remittance of sale proceeds out of India.
- Real estate litigation.
We provide adviseon borrowing from banks, financial institutions including due diligence, drafting of final agreements, inter-creditor issues and security creation. Clients include domestic and overseas banks, financial institutions and private equity organizations.
Our services in this area of practice includes conceptualising and structuring the investment, conducting legal due diligence of the Company and sometimes (when representing the Company) conducting a housekeeping diligence for the Company, participating in negotiations from the term sheet stage till closing, preparing, reviewing, negotiating and finalising various transaction documents like Share Subscription Agreements, Share Purchase Agreements, Shareholders Agreement and other documents required by the parties including ancillary commercial documentation advising clients on regulatory aspects and compliances both pre and post investment.
We represent companies and their management in social security legislations related disputes with employeesbesides in transfer of employees and restrictive covenants in employment arrangements.
Recently, we have developed a niche practice in advising on laws on sexual harassment of women at workplace, constitution and management of Internal Complaints Committees (ICC) and assistance in conducting inquiries and proceedings.
We advise for transaction structuring, negotiating, documenting and executing complex commercial transactions including acquisitions, joint ventures, alliances, management buy-outs, buy-ins, fundraisings, stake sale, Initial Public Offerings, Takeovers, merger, de-merger and strategic reviews. We conduct legal due diligence, review/transfer of Intellectual property, licensing agreements, regulation compliance, drafting of share purchase/ business purchase agreement, agreement to sell, and related documentation.